Redgrave Strategic Data Services is seeking a multi-disciplinary technologist with proven cloud-based (AWS, Azure, Google) software development and project management experience. Experience with legal technology or the legal sector is highly preferred.
The duties for this position call for a range of technical skills that can vary widely from one client project to the next: data wrangling; document processing; internal and client-facing software development, from scripting to serverless; back office integration, billing, and devops pipeline setup. The Cloud Software Developer will also be responsible for developing or assisting with front end UI Experience for several web-based applications.
The Cloud Software Engineer may also be called upon from time to time to assist with client work and special projects.
*This position is 100% remote.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of both internal and user-facing applications.
- Perform data management tasks such as transfer, cleaning, or loading into a review platform.
- Evaluate new and existing technologies for their applicability to the legal technology sector.
- Maintain our internal DevOps infrastructure, including:
- Application repo management
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Automated testing
- Collaborate with consulting, professional services, and administrative teams to help operationalize their procedures. This can include development of custom applications, forms, and reporting with tools like Smartsheet or AWS Honeycode
- Assist with the contracting, DevOps, and logistics for vendors used for outsourced development efforts
- Assisting with client work and development projects as needed
- Monitor trends and developments in the technology, security, and legal sectors
- Act as a mentor to team members and colleagues
- Significant experience as a software developer / architect
- Significant experience developing software for AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Services.
- 5+ years’ experience with legal technology and legal market and experience with Am Law 100 firms and an understanding of the business drivers of legal technology solutions is highly preferred
- High familiarity and experience with the technology and workflows used in legal support services. Familiarity with Relativity, Everlaw, or other e-discovery and document review tools desired
- High technical acumen
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language and one structured language
- Ability and willingness to learn some other scripting or structured language
- Ability to translate business technology requirements into broader technology solutions
- Thorough understanding of modern web technologies: how TLS and HTTPs work, basic browser behaviors, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience manipulating tabular and relational data, from spreadsheets to SQL to Pandas
- The ability to work independently in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Although hours are flexible, core hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday are encouraged, primarily to facilitate collaboration with other remote team members. Additional hours and hours outside this range may be required for specific projects and situations. Travel may be required.
This job description sets forth the responsibilities and authorities of this position, and may be changed from time to time as needed.
Redgrave Strategic Data Solutions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.