The Director of Automation, Infrastructure, and Reporting will be responsible for supporting a growing professional services team – comprising project managers and consultants working on large, complex matters – by conceiving of and building connector software, automations, data visualizations, reports, and similar tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the professional services team. This position calls for a range of technical skills and extensive domain knowledge around legal technology, legal operations, eDiscovery, legal project management, information governance, and related fields.
As this is a cross-disciplinary role, the Director of Automation, Infrastructure, and Reporting will work closely with all sections of the technology team, including solutions architects, software developers, and IT. This position will also include a role in assessing software development projects, IT decisions that would affect the professional services team, and may also be called upon to assist with business development, client work and special projects.
- Support the expansion and optimization of our professional services team through the application of technologies such automation, connector software, notifications, data visualization, dashboards, and reporting, with an eye towards building out a comprehensive managed services program to serve clients with large, complex matters
- Work with professional services, IT, solution architects, applied science, and software development teams to create custom automations, infrastructure, dashboards, and reporting
- Work with both professional services and IT to evaluate and incorporate new software products and infrastructure
- Develop innovative data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting to:
- Allow for detailed, real-time tracking of projects, with views and reports customized to the needs of all various stakeholders
- Generate predictions for tasks such as resource allocation or budget
- Identify trends and potential problems so that they can addressed quickly
- Provide unique and useful insights to our internal team and clients
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of products and services
- Collaborate with the professional services, product development, sales, and marketing teams to develop effective go-to-market strategies for a comprehensive managed services offering and other new products and services
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation within the company, including the adoption of new technologies and processes
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of both internal and user-facing applications.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to operationalize their procedures
- Ensure compliance with data privacy and security standards, and implement measures to protect sensitive information and client data
- Supporting business development and consulting engagements as need by acting in a sales engineering / solutions architect role
- Assisting with client work and development projects as needed
- Monitor trends and developments in the technology, legal, and related sectors
- Act as a mentor to team members and colleagues
- 7+ years of experience in a senior leadership role within an eDiscovery, legal operations, or related industry
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science, CIS, or a similar field
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Strong background in operations management, infrastructure management, and product development
- Proven track record of delivering innovative and successful products and services
- Experience with corporate law departments, Am Law 100 firms and an understanding of the business drivers of legal technology and managed services solutions
- Experience developing and managing a managed services program for large clients and complex matters
- Familiarity with existing software tools and platforms used in the legal operations, eDiscovery, investigations, and IG spaces (e.g., Brainspace, EnCase, Everlaw, Exterro, Nuix, Relativity, Reveal)
- Extensive knowledge industry trends and best practices in eDiscovery, legal operations, legal project management
- Significant experience with UI/UX, data visualization, and reporting
- Ability to translate business requirements into broader technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience building and managing high-performing teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally with stakeholders and teams across the organization
- The ability to work independently in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Although hours are flexible, core hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday are encouraged, primarily to facilitate collaboration with other remote team members. Additional hours and hours outside this range may be required for specific projects and situations. Travel may be required.
This job description sets forth the responsibilities and authorities of this position, and may be changed from time to time as needed.
Redgrave Strategic Data Solutions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.