Redgrave Strategic Data Services is seeking a multi-disciplinary technologist with exceptional technical acumen and proven software development and management experience.
The duties for this position call for a range of technical, management, and business skills. The Head of Software Development will also be responsible for
The Head of Software Development may also be called upon from time to time to assist with client work and special projects.
- Analyze and prioritize software development projects based on their potential impact on the company's overall strategy.
- Create and maintain a technology roadmap that aligns with the company's business goals and objectives.
- Ensure the maintenance and sound design of our internal DevSecOps infrastructure, including
- Application repo management
- Code audits, including security reviews
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and stakeholders
- Collaborate with consulting and professional services to help operationalize and automate their procedures
- Make strategic decisions about software development projects and prioritize resources accordingly
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of both internal and user-facing applications.
- Supervise and coordinate the contracting, DevSecOps, and logistics for vendors used for outsourced development efforts
- Project management and planning, including creating roadmaps and timelines
- Monitor trends and developments in the technology, security, and legal sectors
- Evaluate new and existing technologies for their applicability to the legal technology sector.
- Act as a mentor and coach to junior developers and colleagues to improve their skills and knowledge
- Fostering a positive and collaborative team culture that encourages learning and growth
- Assisting with client work and development projects as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive experience in software development, preferably in a leadership or management role
- A deep knowledge of software architecture and design principles, with the ability to evaluate and choose the best technology stack for a given project or product.
- Experience with legal technology, the legal market, and AmLaw 100 firms, and an understanding of the business drivers of legal technology solutions is highly preferred
- High familiarity and experience with the technology and workflows used in legal support services. Familiarity with Relativity, Nuix, Everlaw, or other e-discovery and document review tools desired
- High technical acumen and proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g., Python) and one structured language (e.g., Rust)
- Experience delivering applications with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with data-driven decision-making, including the ability to analyze metrics and data to inform technology decisions.
- Thorough understanding of modern development technologies, software development methodologies such as Agile or Scrum, DevSecOps, the product development lifecycle, and best practices relating to software development, testing, and deployment
- Ability to translate business technology requirements into broader technology solutions
- The ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and stakeholders, to ensure alignment between technology decisions and business objectives
- Strong understanding of software security best practices and the ability to implement them within the development process
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement, with a willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in software engineering and education
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work independently in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Although hours are flexible, core hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday are encouraged, primarily to facilitate collaboration with other remote team members. Additional hours and hours outside this range may be required for specific projects and situations. Travel may be required.
This job description sets forth the responsibilities and authorities of this position, and may be changed from time to time as needed.
Redgrave Strategic Data Solutions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.